Creality is one of the leading manufacturers of 3D printing solutions across the globe. The brand has been making waves in the industry for producing some of the best and top-selling printers. The year 2019 was such a successful year for the brand. With one of its printers ranking second-best on Forbes and collaboration with LYBOTICS, Creality is on a level of its own. LYBOTICS is a Lybia-based robotics team that encourages the spread of knowledge in science and technology. By sponsoring the LYBOTICS, Creality is promoting STEM Education. For a company in the 3D industry, this is a proper step as 3D technology has been making waves in education. In this post, we discuss the applications of 3G printing in the Education sector.
3D printing and the Education sector
- 3D printing is highly beneficial for students who are pursuing engineering design in the classroom. The primary use of 3D printing for such students is in the construction of prototypes. Lecturers use the printed out 3D models to correct the flaws done by their students hence making them better engineering designers. Therefore, 3D printing is highly beneficial to both the students and lecturers as they make the teaching and learning process easy.
- 3D orienting is also highly useful to students of architecture. As engineering students, Architecture students can use 3D printers to print models of their designs.
- 3D printing is also very beneficial for history students. During history classes, lecturers and students use 3D printers to print out historical artifacts. Therefore, 3D printing helps both students and instructors bring history to life. This element helps to make the learning process easy and more realistic.
- In the case of geography students, 3D printers are used to print out topography, demographic designs, and population maps. This aspect makes learning easier for both students and instructors. The printed objects can be used for further examination hence creating a deeper understanding of the subject and the objects like maps.
- In the automotive field, students get to use 3D printing technology to make modified examples of parts that they use for testing. 3D printing can also be applied in manufacturing replacement parts for automotive lessons. Since 3D printing is cost-efficient, it reduces the amount of money that would initially have been used to purchase the parts.
- Science students such as mathematics and biology students also benefit from 3D printing. For instance, Biology students can use 3D printers to print out cells, viruses, organs, and other biological artifacts. These artifacts are then used in class for learning. On the other hand, in mathematics, students use 3D printers to print out problems like scale models and infrastructural designs and solve them. Chemistry students also use 3D printed molecule models to create a better learning experience.
3D printing has transformed several sectors. In the Education sector, 3D printing is used to make the learning process easy and more visual. The fact that 3D printing is cheap makes it suitable. While 3D technology has not made its way in all classrooms, it is widespread in higher education.